Market Day at Blue Star Arts Complex
Blue Star Arts Complex
June 9, 2018 9:00 am
Join us at Blue Star on June 9th, as the entire Complex joins in on our first ever Market Day!
Tour around our gorgeous River-front property, and enjoy a day of interactive art, hands-on activities, demonstrations, food and drink specials, FREE ADMISSION to Blue Star Contemporary, and more!
What you can expect:
- Open Studio Tours of the spaces in The Upstairs Studios at Blue Star
- Community mural painting with Robert Wymer at Mockingbird Handprints
- Live Painting at Joe Blue’s during the evening hours
- $10 half-day bike rentals from Blue Star Bike Shop
- Vendor tastings at Blue Star Provisions
- Paper Trail at Brick including live printing and silk screening
- Artist talk and demo by Carly Garza at Creative Creatures
- Beer and appetizers specials at Stella
- Drink specials and a Henna Booth at Halcyon
- FREE ADMISSION and multiple hands-on art-making activities, for all ages, in the Blue Star Contemporary’s Arts Learning Lab. Ask the Visitor Ambassador when you arrive for more details.
- Sale on custom frames at The Salon, all buyers will be entered to win a print of “Princesas” by Ana Fernandez
- Art activation at Cinnabar, centered around the current exhibition, “Still Life” by Ana Fernandez
- Folk art appraisals at San Angel
- BBQ and beer in the Garden & at 7pm, a surprise band in the Barrel Room at Blue Star Brewing Company
- Art activation at FL!GHT
- Hand dyed paper with Sarah Longridge at Art Matters
Getting to Market Day:
Blue Star visitors may park in Brackenridge High School’s parking lot during the event.
Take the Viva Culture Route (#11) bus, details here.