Jojo Dancer Studio in the Blue Star Arts Complex is transforming into an intimate portal enlightening you about the lifelong social practice of painter, performance activist, writer and installation art veteran of 36 years—Davíd Zamora Casas (pronounced Dah-veed).
Zamora Casas’s bold, stunning, poetic and thought-provoking exhibition is deeply inspired by what eminent Chicano Arts and Culture scholar Tomas Ybarra Frausto identifies as LOVE OF A HOME GROUND … LA QUERENCIA AL LUGAR NATAL…
Zamora Casas has poured out his soul like rain. You are warmly invited to come let it wash over you and freely dance in the glorious spectrum of color 🌈 💃🏻
Jojo Dancer Studio @ Blue Star (The Upstairs Studios at Blue Star) 1414 S. Alamo St., San Antonio, TX 78210, Studio #213 (see map at footer below)
- Opens Friday, November 5, 2021 from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. coinciding with the First Friday Art Walk*
- Artist’s Reception on Saturday, November 6, 2021 from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Both events free and open to the public**
- Show runs solo through November, then will be part of a group showing through December
Other than public exhibit dates above, please contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Email: email@example.com
- DM @ IG: @jojodancerphotos
- FB Messenger: Jojodancerphotos Anthony Garcia
FOLLOW THE ARTIST
Exhibit Sponsors, Partners & Friends:
* PARKING NOTE: If you have not been to First Friday in some time, it has revived lately and parking can be a challenge. On First Fridays, there is now a fee for parking at the complex ($10 or so). So if you wish to avoid paying or parking is full, factor in time to search for free parking or seek alternatives such as ride share or public transit. Saturday’s event should be easier to find parking and, as of now, is free.
**ACCESSIBILITY: Unfortunately, the Upstairs Studios are “not accessible” (no elevator or lift), however we are happy to make any efforts so all may enjoy! Please contact us in advance so we may accommodate you.