Happy New Year, San Antonio! What an amazing 2018 we had at Blue Star. From new tenants to countless events, there was no shortage of what to see and do in our corner of Southtown. As always, we strive to shine a light on the incredible talent in San Antonio, and contemporary art in our community.
Start 2019 off by exploring The Complex this Art Thursday and First Friday. As usual, events abound, and art, handmade goods, music, and new friendships with fellow art-lovers, can be found!
First Friday 1/4
– “A Mixed Bag” curated by Jonathan Paul Jackson at Flight Gallery
– First Friday at Brick
– First Friday at Blue Star Contemporary
– Berlin Residency info session & workshop at Blue Star Contemporary
– “The Sound of Hope” a memorial exhibition for Billy Mayer at Terminal 136
– Works of Jorge Garza at Mockingbird Handprints
Check our January events calendar, pinned to the top of our Facebook page, to stay up to date with what’s happening at Blue Star throughout the month!