Put A Red Dot On It
Who’s ready for Blue Star Contemporary‘s 29th annual Red Dot Art Sale?! One of our favorite events of the year that brings together artists and collectors, this event serves as a fundraiser to ensure the continuance of Contemporary Art here in San Antonio.
10 REASONS TO LOVE RED DOT
1. One night to see a wide array of artwork by San Antonio artists
2. Great place to catch the art collecting bug, or feed your art-buying habit
3. 50% of art sale proceeds are returned to the participating artists
4. Meet artists! Party with the participating artists and learn more about their work
5. Art sales up to $4,999 are sales tax-free on May 15
6. Supports Blue Star Contemporary’s exhibitions and educational programs
7. Delicious food by Liberty Bar and entertainment by DJ Nandez at the Garden Party
8. Fancy dress, costume, or jeans–Red Dot is eclectic and colorful!
9. Honors two of San Antonio’s most distinguished cultural contributors 10. The lovely “Mayor of Southtown”, Mike Casey, is always guaranteed on the dance floor.
Click here to see available works for sale.
Pre-sale party takes place on Tuesday, May 14th from 6:30pm-8pm, with the main event happening on Wednesday, May 15th from 7pm-10pm, followed by an after party at Liberty Bar from 10pm-12am.
For other ways to support Blue Star Contemporary, consider making a donation to the arts, or becoming a member and enjoying free year-round access to The Museum as well as special access to members-only events.